Shri Puthige Vidyapeetha, this institution is being managed under Suguna charitable trust. This institution is affiliated to the Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidya Peetha Dehradun and provides education upto
M.A in Sanskrit. This institution caters ancient & traditional education for twelve years for a spiritual aspirant imparting all the Shastra knowledge like Sootras, Vedas, Upanishads, Smriti, Sooktas,
Mahabharta, Ramayana, Puranas, Tarka, Nyaya, Sudha and all Sarvamoola granthas, the students graduating out of this institution are Vaidikas who will be deployed in mutts, temples and other
institutions again offering their services for protecting, nurturing our Sanathana dharma and Dvaita Vedanta.
Suguna Samshodana Samsath, Puttige : The objective of this institute is to collect ancient palm leaf manuscripts, research, translate into other languages and publish them.
For the past 32 years the internationally reputed Shri Puthige Vidyapeetha (Unit of Sujnana Trust) at Hiriyadka, Udupi, which has been imparting knowledge in Paurohithya, Veda, Aagama, Joutisha and Alankaara Shaastra, Vedanta besides English and Computer education. His Holiness Shri Shri Sugunendra Theertha Swamiji’s primary goal of this sort of education system is to rejuvenate “Sanaathana Dharma” by giving the knowledge of Dharmashastras and culture, which is a dire necessity to present society for living a peaceful simple life along with serving Lord Sri Krishna without missing modern educational benefits.
Shri Puthige Vidyapeetha has provided hundreds of purohits and scholars with general education to the society until today. Those boys who have had Upanayanam or ready for that are eligible to be admitted in the Vidyapeetha. We also provide opportunity for pursuing PUC and graduation in Sahithya & Vidwath by Karnataka Samskrutha Vishwa Vidyaalaya, Bengaluru. There is also opportunity to complete the course of Aagama like Tantrasaara recognized by Karnataka Government Religious Endowment Department, Bengaluru. There is also an opportunity to pursue postgraduate courses along with PhD through Sri Vadiraja Research Foundation, an institution of Shri Puthige Matha.
Duration of the course is 12 Years, which includes theoretical and practical training at Shri Puthige Vidyapeetha, Hiriyadka, Udupi and 3 years of practical training (Internship) at training center at Shri Govardhana Kshetra, Bengaluru (Unit of Sujnana Trust). Shri Puthige Vidyapeetha shall provide all the Study Materials and other related materials. We follow Guru Kula System of education; during the course period, boarding facilities shall be provided to the students. During the internship period, students shall also be paid as per the industry norms.
Agriculture, dairy farming, and commerce are the innate nature of work of Vaishyas. Supporting them through work is the natural duty for those with the qualities of Shudras.
One can see from the apparent world it is full of diverse people, some are born rich and some are born poor, some are beautiful and some are ugly, some attain higher position in various phases of life and some struggle, though efforts to be rich and happy can be seen from everyone, however one would realize for a similar action and effort one person succeeded and other could not, when one starts to analyze the reasons behind any success or failure, he would realize that the world is not under his control and when one further does a deep diver he gets to understand from scriptural perspective that everything boils down the good deeds (punya ) and bad deeds (papa) which servers as currency for his next body.
As per Garuda Purana, from the thirteenth day after the death of a person, when sapindi karana is done the soul (Atma) starts traversing towards the Southern direction realm of Lord Yamaraja and has to pass through 16 towns of Yamaloka, it is believed that it takes 6months to reach the 8th town and there the Atma needs to pass thru a river called Vaitarani and the river is 100 yojanas wide (equivalent to the distance of Ram Sethu bridge), it is filled with blood, worms and human flesh and has unbearable stench smell for the sinners. Also, it is full of crocodiles, fishes with adamantine blade-like tails. Now in order to reach the next town the Atma the servants of Yama (Yamadootas) would help in rowing a boat using the merits (punya) earned during the lifetime of Atmans, if there are no merits the Atma would be left to swim and sink in the river with no help. So it is said if the Atma has donated a cow to a pious Brahmana during his lifetime, then he would have earned huge amount of punya which would enable him to pass through all the gates of Yamaloka and further reach one of the heavenly planets and he would stay there for the number of years equal to the number of hairs on the cow which he donated.
Some of the conditions before doing Gau Daana.
पीतोदका जग्धतृणा दुग्धदेहा निरिंद्रियाः ।
आनंदा नाम तेलोकस्तान् स गच्चति ता ददत् ॥
In Kathopanishat, during Vihswajit Yagya while conversing with Vajashravas Nachikta tells his father “these cows have consumed grass and have taken water, they have been milked, and they are past reproductive age. One who donates these old cows will go to lower planets where darkness prevails and devoid of pleasures. Instead, donate me.”
One should not donate a cow which has been milked, or is of ripe age, if so one who does it will go to lower planets filled with darkness, filled with sufferings.
· The person accepting the gift (daana) should be a noble person, and must be very sure of his integrity to devotion and service to the cows, must be capable of taking care of the cow always.
· If the cows are not fed properly by the person who accepted your daana, then the person who donated Gau would get back two folds the sins committed by the receiver.
· The cows should be given a good care, if in case the cows are left to lurch around or ill-treated by the receiver or some associates of the receiver does any form of harm to the cow it would inadvertently lead to Pitru dosha (sins), this makes even his forefathers to suffer as well.
· Hence a thorough background verification has to be done to the person whom we are donating a cow, one must go and do physical background verification and even after donating the cow on a periodic basis the health condition of the cows should be thoroughly checked . At Shri Puthige math since ages the Gau seva is being performed with sincerity and devotion, the daani (donor) fully assured that it’s in safe hands and rest peacefully.
As per the Shastra’s in one cow 33 million Devatas (Gods) are present and a place a where a cows dwells is a sacred place. So a Gau shala is a place where such many cows are present and is as sacred as a pilgrimage center. It is our responsibility to protection of these cows and the Gau shala. The donation of cow to a Gau shala and taking of its well being is considered as a service to Lord Shri Krishna and one can do service anytime, however it is considered that Ekadashi day to be more auspicious day, if one donates a cow the donor receives the blessings in abundant.
Important information about donation :
- Donations made are deductible as per 80G of Income Tax Act, 1961. Tax deduction is valid only in India.
- NRI donors with Indian Passport Kindly select “NRI” option and provide passport number for the verification purpose. (We require this information for NRI (Non-Resident Indians) donors who are Indian citizens having an Indian passport. This is because their contribution goes into a separate account as per the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, (FCRA), 1976.)
- All funds/donations raised are allocated to respective purpose selected.
- No Cancellation/Refund is allowed.
- For further clarifications contact : Shri Puthige Matha, Udupi. Ph: 0820 – 2534064
I've read and agree to accept the Terms & Conditions